In this article about Confluence automation for premium plans, one of the listed capabilities is "Set up new spaces with a consistent page tree structure," but I haven't found any documentation or guidelines on how to do so. Does anyone know what they're referring to? I've been trying to set up automations to do exactly that for months now with no luck.
Ultimately, my goal is to automate a few things for my company:
- Create a new space when we onboard a new client, using a template for the home page of the space.
- Within that new space, add parent pages (using templates).
- Later, when needed, add a new page for a new project with additional child pages (also using templates).
For example:
Let's say we onboard a new client, Company Z. The first thing I need to do is create a new space for Company Z and use a template for the home page.
Then, I want the following parent pages to be created within the space: Client Overview, Active Projects, Meeting Notes, and Archive. All of these pages have templates I'd like to use for them.
Finally, I need to add a project to the Active Projects parent page. Each project gets its own list of child pages.
The end goal is to have a standardized set of parent/child pages for each client, and have an automation trigger page creation when we need to add a new project to the space.
The problem I keep running into is that when I try to create a global automation for adding pages, it forces me to select which Space the child pages are for when ideally, the user would be able to select the Space as part of the automation.
I'm okay with using more than one automation to complete this work (in fact I think it's impossible without using multiple), and I also don't mind if it needs to be triggered from Jira for some reason.
Is there a way to do this with automations without using the REST API?