Hi all,
I have an issue that I don't know how to tackle:
Goal: When a specific Jira cloud ticket changes status, I want to get a Slack message which will tag a Slack user matching with ticket assignee.
Something like this:
Hello <@{{webhookResponse.records[0].fields.SlackUserID}}>, your issue <{{issue.url}}|{{issue.key}}> has been updated!
Setup: Jira Cloud, Automation rule using webhook, account map in Airtable as SlackUserID, JiraUserEmail. Validation returns 200 OK.
Example json structure:
{
"records": [
{
"id": "xxx",
"createdTime": "2024-10-14T17:11:34.000Z",
"fields": {
"JiraUserEmail": "name@email.com",
"SlackUserID": "Uxxxxx"
}
}
]
}Problem: {{webhookResponse}} returns empty/no info when I use {{issue.assignee.emailAddress}} in web request URL, but return correct .json record from Airtable if I use specific email.
Is there anything missing? Any ideas on how make thing integration work? Is there easier/better way to link jira with slack so it can tag specific slack user?
Thanks.
Edit:
Names in the airtable have the following format: Name Surname or sometimes name.surname
Used displayName instead in the web request, but rule log after triggering sends me this message:
Invalid URL specified when publishing web request: