There are some task created in Jira that need to be moved into my active sprint, but when I try to use the "move" action, I do not have the option to move a task under a story. Is this possible?
I am not sure if I got your question. I don't think you can categorize a task under a story. I would categorize them under an epic.
Also, you can just drag the task into the active sprint.
Actually, these are bugs when I looked closer. What is the typical practice on handling bugs in sprints when you can only create "sub-tasks" under a story?
If a developer creates a task accidentally than creating a sub-task under a story.. how do you correct it?
when you can only create "sub-tasks" under a story
A sub-task is not tied to any issue type.
I believe that you use the "Convert to Sub-task" (source)
Bugs are usually created as sub-tasks and while creating sub-tasks under an issue that is planned for a sprint, it automatically appears below the parent task in the board. And like Timothy says, move them under the right parent task, if people make a mistake.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.