Here is a description of what I have and am trying to achieve
I am using Jira. I am trying to make my Jira tasks display in a certain way in the timeline view. Here is what I have:
- I have a Feature issue I am using called Feature-1
- The Feature-1 issue has 2 child epics inside called Epic-1 and Epic-2
- In Epic-1 is a child story called Story-1
- Story-1 has 2 sub-tasks called sub-task-1 and sub-task-2
When I look at the timeline, I see Feature-1 displayed as the topmost object. Then below Feature-1 I see Epic-1 and Epic-2 indented below Feature-1 showing that Feature-1 is the parent
Then below the Epic-1 I see Story-1 displaying indented below Epic-1 indicating that Epic-1 is the parent for Story-1
This is as far as the parent child relations are shown in my Jira timeline. But I want it to go further and show sub-task-1 and sub-task-2 as under Story-1 indicating that Story-1 is the parent to sub-task1 and sub-task2. If I can do this, then the timeline would also show task progress bars for sub-task1 and sub-task2. However, because I can only see the levels of display in this case go down to the jira story level, I cam not seeing the progress for each of the sub-tasks as well as the status and who is working on each sub-task.
Note: If I use a Jira issue type of sub-task execution the issues are shown correctly but using a sub-task execution Jira issue for a story that has nothing to do with a test case does not seem right.
How do I make the sub-tasks in the timeline as described above show so I can see info for the Feature, then child epic, then child story, then child sub-tasks?