My Jira Cloud instance was set up with a few different groups:
- Administrators -
- Jira Software users - Can do basic things
- Project Admins - Can create sprints but not releases
- Site Admins - can approve/add user access, change Jira configuration (wokflows, fields, etc)
- Jira Admins - can approve/add user access, change jira configuration (workflows, fields, etc)
My questions are-
- how do I see exactly what each group has the ability to do?
- How do I change the Project Admin group to be able to create releases without giving out all the other access (we had a problem where someone started creating new fields that impacted EVERYONE's project)
I referenced this article and it did not help because when I go to Admin.Atlassian.com and I select directory I have no groups... only domain and managed accounts.
Everywhere else I searched told me how to change a user's groups. I know how to do that already.