I'm hoping this is just a me thing and I'm not understanding the process correctly. The new asset manager looks amazing in the videos but in practice, it's clunky and borderline useless as an actual asset manager?
My experience so far:
- Connecting Entra to Data Manager (DM) is straightforward and easy
- Running an import took a while to figure out because I for some reason have to install a local package to run cloud jobs through command prompt? For a cloud service? Connected to a cloud IDP?
- The data cleanse rules don't actually do anything. I can't find a rule that removes anything from the imported data, none of the rules have ever removed a single row.
- Once I run the import, I can't remove a data set, so all the garbage that was brought in from the job seems to be permanent?
- Connecting DM adapters to Jira Assets requires a csv export then import??
This is about as far as I've gotten because it took way too long to figure out that I needed to use terminal to run a job (this still baffles me). Does anyone see any value in this? I know I can automate a lot of this but what is the actual purpose of me having to do so much manual work inside and outside of the Atlassian environment just to connect itself to itself?
Again, I hope I'm one of the dumber posters in this forum because I really can't wrap my head around how I'm supposed to actually use this as an actual asset manager.