I wish to create a filter to retrieve all issues reported by my user group. Thanks
Hello @Marco Scicluna
You can use the membersOf() function for that.
creator in membersOf("YourGroupName")
Hi @Marco Scicluna ,
You can use JQL query, replacing "your-group-name" with your actual group name:
reporter in membersOf("your-group-name")
Thank you Trudy.
It is a bit more complicated. I wish to create a generic query where the current user will retrieve issues created by all members of his group including himself. Thanks
The membersOf() function is the only native JQL function for comparing a user field to members of a user group. The function does not accept dynamic input as its parameter; a user group name must be explicitly listed.
You could potentially create an Automation Rule that could be manually triggered by a user, which would use the Jira REST API to get group membership information for that user, and then use that information to look for other issues created by members of those groups.
What sort of response would you expect if the user is a member of multiple user groups?
If there is a third party app that would meet your query requirements, would you be willing to consider acquiring it?
Thank you both for your prompt feedback.
If I understand correctly, there is no way to retrieve the group at runtime.
I only have the Reporter information. What I wish is to retrieve the group he forms part of at runtime.
If all you have is the native Jira JQL, correct - there is no way to retrieve the user's group membership within the JQL at run time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.