Hello,
Is it possible to manually link an issue with a DONE status from Project 1 to Project 2? This linking should be applied manually and only for specific issues.
Thank you!
Hi @Noemi Csaszar ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Yes, you can use the "Link" functionality to link an issue from project 1, to an issue in project 2.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/link-issues/
Best regards,
Kris
Hi Kris and thank you so much!
So, I can link an issue in Project 1 to an issue in Project 2, but I can’t link an issue directly to the entire project itself. As I found in the link you shared, JIRA's linking functionality only supports issue-to-issue connections, regardless of the projects they belong to.
Have a good evening,
Noemi
Correct. Everything in Jira is "issue" based. So you can link issues to other issues (in the same or in another project). But you can not link an issue to a project.
Why would you want to link to a project? Do you have a use case ?
Hello @Kris,
Yes, I do have a use case. I would like to link an issue to a project because, in some cases, projects are created as a result of specific issues that have been completed. We need a way to track the issues that have led to the creation of new projects.
Thanks,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.