Hi there,
We're currently using Jira and Confluence with approximately 80 internal users.
We have around 50 Spaces, some of which are restricted to management or HR through specific Groups.
This setup is working well for us.
I'd like to grant access to 3 specific pages, plus their subpages, within our "Handbook" Space to an external consultant.
This Handbook is normally intended for our internal users and consists of about 30 pages + sub-pages.
However, this external user should only have access to 3 pages + sub-pages.
I initially considered using External Links, but these can be forwarded, so that's not suitable.
As a second attempt, I created a specific Group called "External Consultant," protected the 3 desired pages, and then granted access to these 3 pages (and their subpages automatically) to this new "External Consultant" Group.
I subsequently added the "External" user to this group.
When testing this configuration, I noticed that:
- The external consultant has access to ALL personal Spaces and a few other Spaces (I'm unsure why),
- but does not have access to the 3 authorized pages.
What is the recommended configuration for this type of situation?
And how can I implement it?
In summary, I want to grant an external consultant access to only 3 pages (plus subpages) within a single Space, without giving them access to any other Spaces or Jira.
Thanks for your help