Hello all!
So, tomorrow I'm taking the ACP-520 exams and hopefully everything will go ok!
I was reading about the different admin roles and I experiment a bit with them. So the main question I have is if a user with only the product admin role, requires to have product access in order to visit the setting pages and do his thing with workflows etc.
Based on Atlassian's documentation, no product access is needed:
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/what-are-the-different-types-of-admin-roles/
Product admin
A product admin can manage administration settings for a specific product. They don’t have access to Atlassian Administration. With the exception of Jira family, product admins can access the content within the product they administer. It’s possible to be a product admin for one or more Atlassian products.
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/
Product admins – They administer settings inside the product depending on group memberships (e.g. Jira products and Confluence settings). Not all product admins need product access (e.g. Product admins for Jira products don’t need product access to Jira or Jira Service Management).
However, I did a little test and I had a user WITHOUT product access, and only with product admin (and site admin, but this I trust is no issue for this question)

When I visit my custom login URL I get the following message:

Now, in a way I get it: The user doesn't have product access, so he shouldn't be allowed to login and view the projects etc. But I would expect to either login and navigate me directly to settings or to the main jira screen with view of the projects etc.
If I try to bypass the main screen and view the settings, I get a 404.
Soo... any ideas?