I have an issue with my project automation.
For ressource planning and due to controlling options, I created a project, where I add a ticket / customer and kind (e. g. Customer A => Retainer Customer ==> Ticket Type Support Customer / Customer B => Project Customer ==> Ticket Type Project Customer / Customer C is Retainer & Project Customer split into two ticket C Support - Support Customer && C Project Project Customer.
Within the tickets I work with custom fields, which are important for the Support Customer (and as well other retainer customers). This are the custom fields:
- Is Retainer customer | Yes/No
- Retainer booked (number field for hours booked / month)
- Retainer left (number field > hours booked/month - hours worked)
- Has one-time credit => Yes / No
- One-Time credit booked => Number field for (support) hours purchased
- One-Time credit left => (One-Time credit booked - hours worked)
I hope this is written in a way that is understandable.
So what I now plan to do is, to have a rule for each month where I like to reset the retainer left hours and set it back to the value of retainer booked.
For this I created an automation
Trigger: "When: schedueled First day of the month at 12:00am"
If "Is Retainer customer" == yes
"Then": Send email:
To: Group Account Management && Assignee
Subject: Retainer used last month - {{issue.key}} -- {{issue.summary}}
Text: Within last month XX.XX support hours were used, monthly retainer contingent now reset to YY.YY hours.
And here I struggle, as within the "Then" option, I don't have a chance to use the custom fields.
If I open the "Smart Values" menue and click on "Custom fields" I got this message:
No custom fields found
To load custom fields, add components that output ISSUE before the current component.
And I don't get that point. I seek for a solution with google, in this commuity chat and als tried ChatGPT, but without any useful idea.
What is my mistake, what am I missing here?
I am looking forward to your comments and help, thank you in advance