I know that Application Links can be used to link Jira Cloud instances.
When such links exists and a user tries to add an Issue Link to a Jira issue, another field is displayed where the user has to select the Jira instance where the want to search for the issue to which they want to create the link.
I have two questions:
- If the user has Product Access to a linked Jira instance but does not have permission to browse any of the projects, how does that impact the functionality? Do they still get the option to select that other instance, and then any issue key they try to enter is simply not found?
- If the user doesn't have Product Access to the linked Jira instance, do they still get the field where they would specify an instance? Or do they not get that input field at all? If they get the field, what shows up as selectable in that field?
I know I can set up some instances to test this out, but I thought I would ask to see if anybody already knows how this works.