Hello,
I'm using the JIRA API to retrieve information on issues within a specific project. However, when I attempt to query details on issues that were previously deleted, no information appears in the response. Is this the default behavior in JIRA? If so, is there a specific permission or a different query method required to access information on deleted issues?
i use this url :
https://fithiz.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/search?jql=issue=FIT-223
I would appreciate any insights or recommendations on this issue.
Thank you!
Deleted issues are gone for good.There was a feature request for a "deleted issue recycle bin", but that got rejected no too long ago.
[JRACLOUD-36415] Have a Trash/Recycle Bin in JIRA for issues - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
Hi @Ömer Karabaş
Welcome to the community.
Deleted issues are completely gone.
Generally, we, as humans, are not good at understanding this. If
an issue was written on a piece of paper, then delete does not mean "it's in the bin next to the desk", it means "It's gone through the shredder, into the recycling, and been collected by the bin collectors".
There's no change of getting it back.
first of all thank you for answer. So how can I get information about the deletion of any item? Is there any way for this ?
Thank you for answer, So how can I handle this situation? As far as I understand, I cannot get any information about the deleted item, is it true?
You can't all references to a deleted issue are removed.
HI @Ömer Karabaş
Best practice is to not delete issues.
Set the to a Done state with a resolution that makes sence, like;
You can't find it after the fact, but you may be able to set something up with the automation trigger "Issue deleted".https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-triggers/#Issue-deleted
Alternatively you may be able to Webhooks (Settings (gear top right) --> System --> WebHooks (last option in the left hand menu) to send the Issue data to an external system.https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-webhooks/
thank you so much for information. I got it the main idea
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.