I am trying to view a list of issues in a plan like this:
- initiative 1 for proj1
- epic1
- story1
- initiative 75 for 2nd proj
- epic3
- story5
I've searched around and bugged our admins, but am struggling to make it work.
My company has Jira Cloud. I'm a former ADO user where this was an out-of-the-box feature. I'm looking for the equivalent here, without plugins.
We use a hierarchy of Initiatives > Epics > Stories > Sub-tasks.
We have a number of different projects.
I am trying to create a plan view (filtered by a query) which combines data from two different projects. The trick is not all of the data from each project applies.
When I use one of the queries, the plan view shows a flat result set. When I use the other query, it shows the desired tree view, but includes too many issues (i.e. its pulling everything from the projects).
- shows hierarchy view, but includes too many issues - a few extra initiatives
- project = proj1 or linkedIssue IN (proj1-5, proj1-9, proj1-10, proj1-11) OR project = 2ndproj or linkedIssue IN (2ndproj-1, 2ndproj-3)
- shows flat view - only the matching initiatives
- (project = proj1 and linkedIssue IN (proj1-5, proj1-9, proj1-10, proj1-11)) OR (project = 2ndproj AND linkedIssue in (2ndproj-1, 2ndproj-3))
I don't understand why the 2nd query is not showing the tree view.
It seems the project is required for a tree view to be shown. Fine, but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter the project to specific initiatives.