In the year 2025 we will have Jira Premium. We are unsure how to use the project archiving feature. In my instance we have 1300 projects created, only 30% of which I think are still active. However, archiving a project has its tradeoffs, as we cannot consume its data in a simple way.
We also use a plug-in to take data from Jira to PowerBI. When archiving the project we were also unable to take the data through this plugin's connector. I would like to know if anyone has already defined some internal policies with clear rules for archiving a project.
Here at the company we have a forum with Jira Admins where we create some policies for everyone to follow, but we still have doubts about the impacts of these filings on internal processes. It seems strange for me to ask this, considering that you don't have the context of my company, but if you could give me an overview of the challenges you face after archiving projects, I would be grateful.