I have 43 ticket with a Resolution status of Unresolved. When I try to bulk change them using Edit Issue I don't see a choice to "Change Resolution". Is that by design?
Yes, that is by design.
I believe you can update it by using a CSV file that includes the issue key, the issue summary, and the Resolution value you want for each issue you want to change. That can be imported through the External System Import option, using the old import experience, to update the existing issues.
I haven't tested that method for quite some time, but it worked previously.
@Mike Albanese If they are unique tickets and if you can get a JQL statement for it, you should be able to use automation to change it.
Fortunately, it was only a matter of manually changing each ticket's resolution field by hand. I appreciate your time. Thank you.
More info about this at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/bulk-update-the-resolution-field-in-jira-321857142.html including using ScriptRunner to do this
Disclaimer: ScriptRunner is a product of my employer
Thank you, Matt. Hopefully, I never find myself in this situation again, but if I do, I will refer to this. Much appreciated!
@Mike Albanese
1. Get a JQL statement for the issues
2. Go to Automation
* Trigger - "Schedule"
* Add the JQL statement
* Add an action to add a resolution. Make sure to uncheck the send email option.
3. Run the rule.
You can delete the automation when you are done.
I just found out that this is unfortunately no longer possible/available.. I am not sure whether it's due to the new Jira view, changing from issues to "work" items or what, but resolution is no longer to be found under "Edit work item"
@Alain Kovacs
Not sure what happen before then but I just tried and it's there now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.