In our IT department, our tech services team uses a work management project (team-managed) to track the status of hardware deployments. I'm looking to see if I can use automation so that when they mark a device as deployed (change of sub-task status), the asset status in Jira Assets updates.
Currently, I have automation established:
1. Trigger: Transition of status in Project R
2. Create a sub-task on a particular ticket in Project H
3. Copy the custom field (currently named "Old Computer," Assets objects type) from the trigger issue (team-managed Jira project) to Project H issue (company, JSM).
Everything works as expected, except that the Old Computer Name (present in both issues) doesn't update.

If I can get the field information into the JSM project, then changing asset status is a breeze, but I'm running into a roadblock here and would like some help identifying what the particular issue is.
- Is it about the non-JSM to JSM automation?
- Team-managed to JSM company-managed?
- Could it be the assets object type that the custom field is set to?
Insights and any resources would be helpful. I feel like my research has led me around my answers without a clear picture of what specifically is going on.
In Global Settings:




