How do I get a list of usages (AKA cross reference) for a filter?
Or in other words: How do I avoid deleting a filter that is used, e.g. in a dashboard?
Hi @Emil Obermayr , a great question. I have certainly deleted more than one filter that I regretted. Unfortunately, there is nothing to warn us of this, so it is left to the creator of the filter to appropriately name and describe the filter. Often I have named filters According to their purpose, e.g. Dash - All xxx Open where "Dash" denotes used by a dashboard and then I describe what dashboard filter is, used in in the description field. Additionally, although, tedious, it is helpful to maintain a confluence page that cords all important filters. While I haven't considered doing so myself, you might check the marketplace for a more glamorous alternative if the need justifies the cost.
Hi @Emil Obermayr
You could look at marketplace apps for this.
As ootb there is no info on this in the system.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.