We are rolling an existing team-managed project into an existing company-managed project for visibility and I am having issues I cannot find answers to on other articles/questions. I have created a test CM project that mirrors the project i would like to migrate my tasks to. I also clone the TM tasks before moving them. I've tried several different methods to move/migrate tasks outlined below.
Bulk Move:
Status -> successful
Custom Fields -> all but 1 do not even give me an option to map to the custom field with the same naming/casing in the test CM project. I am planning to move hundreds of issues so manually updating 20 custom fields for hundreds of issues after moving them is not practical.
Export/Import:
Status -> moves everything to backlog. Even if i manually change the status name to match status options in the new project before importing.
Custom Fields -> some give me mapping options some don't. For the ones with no mapping option they are 1. a date field. 2. a short text field. 3. a dropdown menu picker field. Other instances of these field types migrate fine.
Is there a better way to do this? Not having/minimizing manual update steps post change is my top priority.