I am designing an IT Enterprise Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to manage assets in JSM Cloud.
I started with three basic templates from Atlassian: HR, Facilities, and IT Assets.
The IT department needs to manage and report on both hardware and software assets, as well as information about the employees assigned to these assets (using the HR template) and their locations (using the Facilities template).
To report on laptop costs by the department of the employees assigned to those laptops, I need to consolidate all the information from the department attribute within the assigned employee object in the IT Assets Laptop Object.
Since the Assets reporting feature does not support this, I plan to use EazyBI. However, to utilize EazyBI for more complex reporting, I need all the information in a single scheme.
We anticipate having at least 200,000 objects or more in the long term. Are there any reasons not to use a single scheme? What might be the downsides of this approach? Do you have any experience or recommendations regarding this strategy and the reporting limitations for assets?