Hi,
I created a free Jira Service Management project for my organization in order to receive bug reports and feature requests. I was able to successfully add the 3 domains that my organization uses to the project and everything works.
Then, primarily out of curiosity, I tried adding my personal mail to the project, with a gmail.com domain. I also created an Atlassian account with that mail. I am able to successfully login with that user and see the portal, but there are no options inside the portal (no option to report a bug or submit a feature request). It just says "There's nothing in this portal yet.".
I think I did everything the same for that I user as I did for all others - I invited the user to the JSM project as a customer, I added the user to the JSM customers group, I gave the user access to the particular request types, I even added gmail.com to the list of approved domains.
Any ideas what else I am missing? Particularly I want to avoid issues when we get a new large customer and we will have to add new users to the project (as customers), though they probably won't have gmail accounts - but as I understand, JSM for customers is free and it doesn't matter if you have a Jira licence or not.
Update:
As an admin (using my organization account), I am able to report a bug / request a feature on behalf of my private user (with a gmail account). And with that user, if I visit the service desk, the request is now assigned to me under profile -> requests. But still I cannot submit a request.