Hi all,
I would like to make an automation rule without using any plugin, I expected the rule will add a template table to customer filed.
Here is my setting but the automation always replace the previous content after run.
Did I set anything wrong?
---
When: label is added
IF: the value of label is "DEV1"
ACTION: edit issue filed
*the UI is Japanese version.
I have also checked the following information before since it might be related to mine.
>https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Automation-for-Updating-Description-without-Replacing-Form/qaq-p/2079386
Kindly ask for help.
Thank you.
Hi, @Chen
Looking at your screenshot I see next problem - description is system field, it doesn't exist for customfields.{{triggerIssue.description}} - is for issue Description field.If you want to add value from customfield, you need to use this:{{triggerIssue.customfield_10086}}
Hello @Chen
What field is customfield_10086?
What field are you trying to edit?
What is the type of project that you are working against in this rule? Get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Hi, @Evgenii
Thank you for pointing it out.
Yeah... I found this problem as well a few hour ago...
Yes, I need to use {{triggerIssue.customfield_10086}} here.
However, it seems to be the same result that this automation rules replace the value of my customfield.
Hello @Trudy P Claspill ,
It is a customized field that my team requested, we put background of this ticket in this field. (not the default description because my team doesn't use default setting)
It is Text Field (multi-line) type for your information.
The project type is software, and I am using Jira cloud version.
Made the same configuration - it's working as expected
Thanks for your the reply.
I found the problem of my setting.
The "description" is for the Jira default field. I remove it in my smart value and the automation WF is working now!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.