I am having a helluva time trying to wrap my mind around how to set up a proper workflow and add post function notices to send an update to HipChat. Or rather, how to do it without ending up with multiple statuses that an issue can be drug to when transitioned.
I have successfully set up transtiions, and the post function is sending a notice to the proper chat in HipChat, BUT, when I do this I get a new status to drag to .. which is what i don't want (I hope this makes sense).
Example, I have a status of 'Needs Info' that I would like to have notice be sent when an issue gets put into this column. When I create the transition to add the post function to, I cannot use 'needs info' as I get an error that the transition already exists, so I use 'request info' instead. Then when I change workflow shcemes I get two statuses in the Needs Info column: Needs Info and Request Info - of which the latter will send a notice when an issue is put into it.
How do I do this so that I have a signle status in a column that will send a post function notice?
Thanks in advance for reading this, and sorry if it's overly confusing.