I had assumed that the "Reporter" would be the actual person who reported the issue but I've realized it is not. Since we need to track who created the issues, not who the person is they're reporting for, how can we do that? I know I can go to the history of each ticket but we want this information in a field that shows in the ticket and reportable, however I can't figure out which field it is as none of them make sense.
If the field doesn't actually exist in JSM, how can I then automate a custom field to get populated each time the ticket is created? Again, I do not want the Reporter field, I need the person who created it documented, quickly viewable and trackable. I must be missing something obvious as this is a very basic thing, I am just not seeing it. Can someone please point out what I'm missing?