Okay, so I have the following:
- 2 boards
- A company-managed project
- The same workflow is used for both boards
- Each board has columns mapped to different statuses - think engineering scrum board vs CI/CD Kanban board
Now, when I changes the status
- To `Done` status on the Engineering board
- And then update the status to `Pending DEV ENV` (an unmapped status on the Engineering board)
- The issue rightly drops off the Engineering board and shows up on the CI/CD board
- But not without a really annoying alert...
Changes saved, but Issue not visible
For an issue to be visible, it must match your project and filters, and have a status that’s assigned to the board.
So, I know this! I don't care. It should support working this way. I should not have to map 1:1 column-to-status for every status in a workflow on a project board.
Also, I did this a year ago, and it worked without issue - no alert, nada. What changed?
I'm going to say this now -> The answer should NOT be:
- "Change your filter for your board" - this doesn't work
- "Add the mapped columns for all the statuses" - it should not work this way
The right answer should be: "Turn off the alert in the project settings here..."
Is there a way to do this? If not, why?