I have a team-managed project using Kanban. The option to create an Epic on the Board or Backlog is missing, and if I create one using the Create button at the top, then upon saving I get a message that it has been create, but "to be visible, it must match your project and filters, and have a status that’s assigned to the board.
My board has no filter created. If I check the filters, it states I can create a custom one. When I check within Configure Board, I am taken to the Columns and statuses page which shows all issue types including Epic have been added already.
I have read over many other questions with the same issue, but it seems people just ask if the above is configured and then stop responding. None of the threads I found have a solution to the problem.
Hoping someone can help as I am completely lost with whatever it is doing, and to me it just looks like Jira got a lot worse since it moved to the cloud (my old local install just worked)