I'm using primarily groups instead of roles to manage permissions since I need to control visibility of projects. I have a group named something like myproject-developers, and along with the administrator role, that group has commit access to the SVN repository as shown at https://xxxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ProjectRepositoryPermissions.jspa?repositoryKey=XXXX.
As a member of that group, I can browse source code from within Atlassian, but when I try to perform an action through SVN (e.g. through my IDE), I get a 403, even for read operations like update.
Suggestions?
This can happen for users without read access to the repository root: https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JST-1557
This is unfortunately due to a bug in Subversion.
Michael - that turned out to be *a* problem but not *the* problem.
For those interested, the problem turned out to be that I had capital letters in my group names which causes problems somewhere in the Crowd/Apache/SVN chain. For those that encounter this problem, ask Atlassian support to turn on the switch in Crowd that converts all params to lower case.
This setting is turned on by default for new instances I believe. Older *.jira.com instances may need it turned on by Support though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.