Hi Was the field Customer Request type renamed to just be called Request Type?
Hi @Wendy Gem Thorneloe You can not rename it Customer Request Type. you need to request Atlassian support at http://support.atlassian.com/ and they can do it, but there should be no existing field with the Request Type Name.
HI. I don't want to rename anything. I want to know if Atlassian Renamed the field that was called Customer Request type to just be called Request type.
You may raise a request and confirm with them. and it can only be renamed by Atlassian.
I have two instances, one has Customer Request Type and another has Request Type.
Hi @Wendy Gem Thorneloe I think "Request type" is the custom field name (the custom field that comes ootb when using JSM) and Customer Request Type is the type of the custom field. Hope this helps!
Thanks. Will open a ticket with Atlassian
@Wendy Gem Thorneloe -
In our envs, the field is named "Request Type" - it is a system field for JSM application. It cannot be renamed by users. I have not seen this field is named as "Customer Request Type" by Atlassian.
Have to check with your Jira/System admins to see if any admin created a custom field for your env named - "Customer Request Type"/
Hope this also helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Hi @Wendy Gem Thorneloe,
This is a specific JSM field and, as far as I know, it is named "Customer Request Type" on Server or Data Center platform and "Request Type" on Cloud platform.
If you migrated from Server/Data Center to Cloud, this might be the reason.
Danut
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.