What does Jira issue type "Phase" means? What functionalities I can get out of it?
Hi @Vivek Chaudhary -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I am unfamiliar with the term "phase" relative to issue types. Where are you observing this term in Jira Cloud?
Kind regards,Bill
Hey @Vivek Chaudhary !In Jira, the issue type "Phase" is not a default issue type. It is typically a custom issue type and might be created by an administrator or project manager.
@Vivek Chaudhary Welcome to the community !!
On above of @Divya Shree 's comment, you need to check with your Jira admin or your colleagues to know what actually the Phase ticket type is used and what is the flow for this ticket type.
On Issue types, press help, it brings up all types of issues and Phase is one of them. I have tried to research on my own but nothing out there.
Actually, in our system, there is no issue type configured as "Phase". This is one of the Jira's possible issue type. Trying to envision, how I can make use of this if it means what it is.
Please post a screen capture showing Phase as an issue type. That is not a built-in / default one for Jira Cloud.
Yes @Vivek Chaudhary . I totally agree with @Bill Sheboy . It is definitely not a default issue type. Please share a screenshot of Issue Type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.