I'm working on this project, since I wanted to know when I comment the user name in the comment section, the user should be added to the assignee field(Custom field) in the issue view. This process is executed in Jira automation.
Hi @Seenivasan K
What is you exact request?
You have a custom assignee field, what type of field is this, user picker, multi line text?
Can you show you complete automation rule and the log of the rule execution?
This will all help community members, your current attachment only show part of a rule.
I have a Project and working on a Automation. Already have an Automation rule that fetches the comment users and updates into my new field name "Add User" an multi user" picker field. And the Automation works. Now I wanted to show also the Assignee into that custom field. is it possible to achieve that ?Because in part of assignee, they may change to multiple assignee, So if that custom field can capture all the Assignee who all are getting replaced that would be very helpful for us, setting up notification. @Marc -Devoteam-
That information is in the history of the issue as well.
But you can create an automation rule that based on field value changed.
Do an edit action and use the advanced option.
See, example:
{ "update": { "customfield_10055" : [ { "add": { "accountId" : "{{assignee.accountId}}" } } ] }}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.