I have an automation rule that clones an issue when it is created into a different project area.

The problem I am having is that the Reporter field in the cloned issue is given the value: "Automation for Jira". I have tried the following to fix this:
I have chosen "Reporter" as a field to set during cloning, and set it to "Copy from issue" (shown below), also tried "Copy from trigger issue". I also created a variable "ReporterName" and tried to set it with that smart value.

Update to original post, forgot to include the error log for the above action (couldn't get screen image to load):
"Unknown fields set during clone, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Reporter (reporter)"
I also tried to edit the Reporter field once the issue was created, I have admin level permissions including Modify Reporter.

I inserted an audit log just before the Edit Issue Fields action and the issue key and variable were correct. but this is the error I am getting:

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is. Any help would be appreciated and enlightening.