When using the "Bug" issue feature, what the most effective was to use it?
By this I mean if a bug is found in a Story, should the Story be closed out (provided it meets the Definition of Done), or should it be left open until the Bug is corrected/resolved?
Where I work, I am currently seeing it being used to capture Bugs found in a piece of software, but the "Parent" Story is not being closed until the Bug issue has been resolved, which has been over several Sprints in some cases.
I would think that the Story in which it was found (the Parent Story) would be closed out, provided it meets the Definition of Done, and then the Bug would be created to handle the transaction(s) of working the Bug Fix. Am I off track in my thought? Any assistance that you can provide would greatly be appreciated, thank you in advance.
V/R,
Bryan