Hi all! I need to do automation, when a task is created, it tags a person in the comments. I can't figure out what format to do this in. @Name and [@name] doesn't work I have a server version
Hi,
the format on server is the following:
[~username]
It is important that you use the user name, not the display name. Account ID is only relevant on cloud.
I hope this helps!
Hi @Andrey Ivanov ,
to mention a user you should use the next format
[~accountid:<USER_ACCOUNT_ID>]
For example:
[~accountid:abcd-123b-sadf-123]
The easiest way to find user account id would be using JQL - type something like assignee = <Your user name> and then just copy the result JQL string, it will be converted into "assignee = abcd-123b-sadf-123"
Thanks for the answer, can you tell me where to get the account id?
I have a server version
Hi, it didn't work
Thank you very much, it helped, but I had to enter not the username, but the email
Sorry, I missed that you are looking a solution for server. For server should work approach which @Ramin Shanehsaz _Computerra_ suggested https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-How-to-mention-people-in-comments/qaq-p/2844157/comment-id/1060779#M1060779
You can try to create a comment, and mention all that you need and then switch the comment editor from Visual to Text mode, there you will be able to see all mentions formats.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.