Hi all,
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this incorrectly, I looked at here:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-text-fields/
And I can see that you can use things like: toLowerCase() to manipulate text. But when I try it, with the "Change Type" pre-made field it comes up blank.
eg:
{{issue.Change type.toUpperCase()}} --> Displays nothing ""
{{issue.Change type}} --> Displays "Normal" or "Standard"
Ah, turns out this is a misunderstanding in my case. Although {{issue.Change type}} does indeed show the correct value chosen. For dropdown fields it apparently technically grabs the id value instead.
To work on the actual value, you need to specifically state you want the "value" of the dropdown. eg: {{issue.Change type.value.toUpperCase()}}
Cheers!
Hi @Calvin , in your image it appears you are trying to change the Description field but you mention a custom field "Change type". Which field are you trying to change?
Maybe you are trying to add the value of Change type into Description?
Hi @Jack Brickey , thanks for your message. I'm trying to show the "Change Type" field in the description of the sub-task. But I want to manipulate it a bit using the automation smart value function so that its all upper case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.