As a power user, I want to be able to write checkboxes in my issues, so that I can manage my issues and subtasks better.
GitHub provides
[ ] /
for this. Could there be a similar syntax for checkboxes in JIRA?
There's a couple of things you might mean here.
First, do you mean as part of the text? The rich text boxes have and amongst others.
Second, do you mean as a field? As an admin, you can add multi-checkbox fields.
Yes, as part of the text. I can't see any rich text option for this (at least in the free BitBucket plan). Even if I did, I want to be able to create checkboxes by using Markdown syntax, rather than hitting a bunch of GUI buttons.
Ok, the text boxes have "renderers". If you're using a plain renderer, there's not a lot you can do. But if you swap to a rich renderer, then it'll accept and display wiki markup. You can change the renderer for a field in the project's "field configuration" (note that the renderer only applies to rendering, the underlying data in the field does not change) Once you're in a rich field, you can use ( / ) and ( x ) to get the marks I gave in my answer - remove the spaces from what I've just typed though! There are others - try ? and ! for example.
Ah, makes sense. I don't see Field Configuration in my project's settings.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.