I have a very simple automation set up that is supposed to update all sub-tasks on an issue to fill out a custom field from the parent issue.
The workflow is only 2 steps.
When: Issue Updated
Then: Edit Issue Fields
The when trigger does not seem like it can be customized in any way. The Edit issue fields step simply has the selected custom field I made selected, and the action is to "copy from parent".
Seems simple enough. However, try as I might I cannot get the automation to fire. I have tried commenting on the sub task, I've tried changing its status, and its assignee. Nothing seems to trigger the automation to even attempt to fire.
We do have a security screen enabled for this project but I have ensured that the automation "user" is allowed to access all issues. Can anyone help me determine why this automation is not firing, much less working?