Hello, I'm trying to build a global automation to send a notification email when a certain attribute is updated for objects in a given object schema.
We have a CMDB schema that contains a list of Business Applications. Within those business apps we have a custom attribute, "SOX". We need the automation to trigger any time that attribute is changed.
I built a global automation that triggers when a CMDB object is updated, checks that the objectType is Business Applications, and sends an email with some info including the name of the app and the current SOX value. That's all working fine.
The issue I'm running into is that, while I can get the current value using {{object.SOX}}, I can't get the automation to recognize the previous value. If someone updates SOX from "False" to "True" for example, I can see that it's now "True", but I don't know that it was previously "False". Because of this I can't have the automation trigger only when the SOX attribute changes, it triggers when any update is made to a business app.
I've found some documentation that suggests things like {{object.SOX.oldValue}} or {{fieldChange.fromString}} but haven't been able to get them working. I also found this solution (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/find-the-previous-attribute-values-when-using-object-updated-trigger-in-an-automation-rule-1155164218.html) but that seems very complicated for what should be a simple task. How am I supposed to reference the previous value?
Thank you!