I want to link a task (ticket) that I have for example in my sprint board with my developers with a related task (ticket) in our Costumer Excellence board.
Hi @Konrad Zöckler welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Yes, you can link any issue from any project to any other issue from another project as long you as you have Browse Project permissions on both projects.
The issue link type determines the dependency.
You can read more about it here: Link issues
Hi @Konrad Zöckler and welcome to the Community!
Sure. Just click the Add button just below the summary of either issue and select link issue:
Near the middle of your screen, some fields should appear where you can search for issues and determine the desired link type.
If your projects are company managed, you need link issues permission in both projects in order for this to be available.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Konrad Zöckler
Yes you can use the Issuer Link option.
It is required that the users who need to see the issue have browse permissions in the other project as well.
If they need to update the linked issue, they need edit and transition permissions as well.
Assign the permissions required.
Hi @Walter Buggenhout
Thank you for the quick response.I tryied it out and it worked.But there is a new issue now. I connected the one ticket to the other (see picture), but they are not synchronized. What I mean by that is that in the one ticket I can see the link, but if I go to the other, I don't see the connection. What I want is that the connection is shown in both tickets. Shouldn't this work automatically? Thanks in advance!
Hello @Konrad Zöckler
I work for Exalate.
You can link tasks between different boards in Jira by creating issue links, but if you need bi-directional synchronization (e.g., updates on one board reflecting on the other), tools like Exalate can help. It allows seamless syncing of tasks between different boards, ensuring that both teams stay updated without manual intervention.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mathieu Lepoutre
Kind regards,Mathieu Lepoutre
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.