Hi. I'm trying to create some sql to easily determine if a value in one of my table columns contains a valid number. My first attempt is to use the SUBSTRING function to extract the number from the string in the column, but I can't get it to work.
The column I'm trying to access is in table 1 in my macro - here's a working select statement that displays the column as 'P1 Valuation'
SELECT T1.'Phase 1 Value: Initial' as 'P1 Value',
The data in this column has the format of $n.nm
I'd like to extract just the number portion of this so I can use it to basically confirm that a valid number has been entered as part of the string, so I'm trying this...
SUBSTRING(T1.'Phase 1 Valuation: Initial',2,3) as 'P1 Number',
This isn't working though. I also tried this:
SUBSTRING(T1.'P1 Value',2,3) as 'P1 Number',
I completely admit to being a novice with sql, so as a second part of my question, I'd love to get a link to some documentation on all of the functions available in the confluence table toolbox sql.
Thanks in advance!