Hi
I found this new option called " Start Stand-Up" in jira cloud in the active sprints page but could not find it's feature details or documentation.
Can I have information on this feature.
Thanks,
Mahanth
Hi @Mahanth Prudhvi P
This feature is part of an experiment. That experiment is seeking to try understand if this can drive collaboration amongst teams.
Unfortunately, there is no public documentation on this feature yet. If this experiment is seen as successful, it's possible this could be rolled out as a new feature someday in the future, but it seems also possible this feature might not remain. Thus the nature of an experiment.
Any site that does not wish to have this experiment on their site will need to create a support case and request to remove the "Jira in-product Stand-up experiment". If you are a site-admin/billing contact of a standard/premium plan Jira, you can create a technical support case by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact
If you are the site-admin of a free plan Jira, you cannot create that technical support case directly, but let me know and I can create that support case on your behalf.
Andy
I can't see, this, can you share a screenshot?
It might also be a function from an installed 3rd party app.
@Marc -Devoteam-
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have attached the screenshot.
I just found out about this new button as well. What does it do?
I am getting this when I click on Start Stand-Up
HI @Mahanth Prudhvi P
I can't see this in any my projects.
What kind of project are you using. I could be a new feature from Atlassian.
HI @Mark Blom
I can't tel you.
Best to ask Atlassian Support I think.
I might be a new function rolling out, I can't see it on any of my projects.
How can we configure or remove it?
I've managed some teams who firmly embraced the 3 questions standup model, and I can tell you from experience that the focus is wrongly placed upon the individual and not the work. Countless times we would get through all the 3-questions and have critical work on the board to which nobody spoke. We had critical work staring in our faces, yet nobody spoke to it, 'cause nobody was looking outside of their own space.While some teams may find this feature useful, I do not. It needs to be "disable-able" on the configure board settings. Having this so "in your face" stirs up heated arguments over standup formats which we long-ago held and put to rest. Why anyone would think this is a great feature to place so prominently on the page is simply beyond me; this is a terrible product management decision to roll this out without any notice and without any way to turn it off.
Atlassian - PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY, OR ALLOW ME TO DECIDE TO MAKE IT GO AWAY.
Simply put... you can't.
Hi @Randy O'Neal
I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/48/PCS-341377 with the request to opt-out your site from this experiment.
There are no options to configure at the moment. If you wish to remove it, you will need to create a support case requesting to remove the stand-up experiment from your site, https://support.atlassian.com/contact
Thank you, @Andy Heinzer ... while I recognize the value of getting live feedback, launching such a campaign across the entire customer fleet seems a bit over-the-top. Hopefully they will enable some sort of "opt out" feature. Really appreciate it!
Totally agree with you on the focus during standups, @Randy O'Neal ! At a previous job, we switched the sprint board horizontal lanes to be epics (groups of work) rather than assignee and that proved to be much more useful!
It just start a timer, you can shuffle the people for the standup and when you click on the person name it shows task assigned to that person... it's just a tool to conduct the dailies.
Hello everyone,
Thank you all for your patience and input.
To clarify, this feature is currently being tested, and can be opted out of by directly reaching out to our support team:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact
We do appreciate everyone patience and understanding as we test out this new Stand Up feature!
Hey @Nathan Phillips , feedback from my team, they would like to be able to change the 2m timer to a different time.
At least one SM already embraced it
@Nathan Phillips on this new feature we noticed that there are missing people that do not appear when selecting "Start stand-up" button. The number of tickets displayed correspond to what is in current sprint, but just for some strange reason 3 assignees names do not show up? How can I get it to display the missing people thanks.
Do those people have tickets in the sprint that are currently assigned to them? I've noticed that if a specific person doesn't have any tickets assigned to them, they don't appear in the list.
All 3 people have tickets assigned to them that are in current sprint. Think I know the reason why they do not appear is that they are only assigned sub tasks. So seems if you are not assigned to the main ticket then your name does not appear under the Start stand-up list.
Is there any way to mark people as completed so they drop off the list? This seems like a HUGE value add for our stand ups but is lacking some key features ( or we haven't found them yet )
Hello @Nathan Phillips
When should we expect seeing this option? We don't have it yet on our environment, it's March already
I noticed an issue with this feature, when someone starts the standup and later on mid standup if some ticket is updated then the order is shuffled. We have to tell folks not to update tickets mid standup to not to mess up the standup order. Any timeline on resolving this bug?
@Nathan Phillips Can you please take this up with technical team if possible?
Hi @Ujwal Bhagat I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-1121697
@Andy Heinzer Thanks a lot for creating the ticket, looking forward to get it fixed!
How do you turn it off? Or better yet, once you finish the stand up, how do you stop this or close this new window? Does it toggle?
Now it seems to only show the tickets where you are the assignee, for us it would need to also show tickets where you are associate and wingmate.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.