Hi,
so I just ran into the following issue. I'm trying to explain it the best I can but I am a bit lost what could cause the behavior as I don't see any active settings / automations that would cause this.
In one of our projects we use a Custom Description field with an adjusted default value / template in it.
When creating a new issue the Custom Description field shows up in the creation screen. However, after creating the issue, the content of the Custom Description field moves to the Description system field. So 2 different Description fields; 1 custom and 1 standard system field.
Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?
This is impeding on my ability to set up an automation that clones issues and copies the description of the issue triggering the automation. Essentially the automation tries to copy the System Description field. However, as it creates a new issue by cloning it, the value is not copied due to the description field in the creation process being the Custom description field.
Ideally I would only want to have the Custom description field and get rid of the System description field. However when trying to remove the System description field and just having the Custom description field within the screens & layout, the content disappears after creating an issue.
As mentioned I have no clue what would cause this and would appreciate any help as I am utterly lost and could not find anything online.
I have added 2 screenshots of the different fields. Notice that one says "Beschreibung" which is the custom field for the description. The other one just says "Description" which is the standard system field for the description.

