Hello community,I have a use case that I just can't seem to find the correct AQL to use in Jira automation. I have a multiselect field and I have an object type that has some inbound references from other objects.What I've done so far.1) I have set up a variable and object field update based on this great guide ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-copy-values-between-assets-object-field-and-multi-select-custom-field-using-automation-1141504943.html ) and it works fine. Objects from the multi-select field are added to object field.Variable name: parentfieldSmart value: {{#issue.parent.someparentfield}}"{{value}}"{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}And in the edit field: Name IN ({{parentfield}})2) I have verified that using the below AQL testing for object references also works as expected. Objects are returned and added to the field.object HAVING inR(objectId IN (${customfield_xxxxx${0}}))However, when I try to combine the two into one AQL in different ways, I can't even get the syntax to validate correctly.I've tried:Name IN ({{parentfield}}) AND object HAVING inR(objectId IN (${customfield_xxxxx${0}}))object HAVING inR(Name IN ({{parentfield}}) AND objectId IN (${customfield_xxxxx${0}}))I've been trying to find help articles or people in a similar situation but it doesn't seem to be a common problem.I hope someone can either spot the error or confirm what I'm trying to do can't be accomplished in such a way.Thanks,Indrek
Upon futher investigation it seems that Jira is not able to validate variables, which makes sense because it doesn't know what the values might be.However, I was able to fix my query using the below syntax:object HAVING inR(Key IN ({{customfield_XXXXX.key}})) AND Name IN ({{parentfield}})For some reason that is beyond me the combined AQL does not work with placeholder while it works as a separate AQL.Hope this helps the next person.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.