Hi,
I'm looking at calling an API to update specific fields on existing Jira tickets and then I got to wondering about an audit trail.
- Does Jira ticket history automatically get updated to reflect the changes applied by the API? I'm assuming the API is called using a specific (API) User ID and that would be used to reflect that.
- Does the Updated date/time on the ticket automatically get updated to reflect the update? Or is that something we'll need to look into as well.
I'd be surprised if an API update doesn't leave some sort of footprint on the ticket once performed, but thought I'd ask. If there are other ways people have reflected an API update, it would be useful to hear about them.
The API I am looking to use is this one:
Updating an Issue via the JIRA REST APIs 6848604 (atlassian.com)
Thanks in advance for any information.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Ward