I am trying to create some documentation pages. as an example see the attached. I have a page with 118 documents. I am trying to find a way to do a tool tip /hove rover that I can simply apply to each one so i can show a quick summary of what is in each one. I need something that doesn't require admin privileges so that user scan do this too. I tried various macros from the confluence marketplace but none allow you to simply add the macro and then let it be selectable for users without some type of element being created. Is there really nothing you can add to simply highlight a link or document and click add macro to this specific item I have selected so that I can add hover over text to it?
Hi @Kyle Pitts
What you are describing are often called tooltips, if you search the marketplace you can find many. I won't promote one marketplace vendor over another, so you'll need to test them and find the one that works best for your situation.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=tooltip&product=confluence
I have tried various tips from there and none have let me allow me to install them. And then allow an end user to make tool tips for items. they have all tried to make the end user create elements or define fields or make buttons. None have let them simply highlight text or even a document and add the hover over feature. Do you have one you know of that works for end users that does not require admin access?
All Marketplace addons will require your admin to install them. However once installed, they all (as far as the ones I have used) are open for use by the end user.
Have you tried tooltip by Content Formatting Macros?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.