Hi, I have a problem with the attachments in the comments on the task. In fact, I can't attach a video or gif to the comment or task.
How can I solve this problem?
Hi Andrew - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What does the error message say?
Hi @Andrew Che
Welcome to Atlassian Community
Check if you have the Create Attachment permissions to the issue in the project you are trying this operation.
You can check this from your project permission scheme.
Let me if this helps.
The error message is: Your comment could not be saved. The text is missing or formatted incorrectly. If you copied it from another source, try removing the formatting and pasting the text into the editor.
Where can I find these permissions?
Project Settings>Permissions you must be project admin to check this or you can check with your project admin to check this for you.
One more way is try to just attach a simple image to comment removing all other text to see if it works. If it didn't pass then there is a chance it's permission issue.
So, thanks to me! I've found why this appears. It was a problem with file size. It's interesting that it was not a message talking about attachment size. That's why I was so confused. And now, when I attach files less than 10Mb, it's OK.
So, can you explain why the type of error message is wrong?
Thanks. The problem was with the size of the attachment. It was more than 10 MB and in our subscription it is limited.
Great - glad you found the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.