Hi everyone!
I’m working on a Jira automation rule for our ticket queue, aiming to assign tickets with a 2:1 ratio for specific users. Here’s the setup I’m using:
1. Custom Field for Count: I’ve added a numeric custom field to track the ticket count, which increments by 1 each time the rule runs.
2. Automation Flow:
•The rule triggers and performs a Lookup Issue to fetch tickets in descending order.
•It updates the custom field value by incrementing it by 1.
•Then, a log action records issue.key and the custom field value.
3. Conditional Assignment:
•There’s an If statement that checks if the custom field % 7 equals 0. If true, the ticket is assigned to a specific user (User X).
•Otherwise, it assigns the ticket in a round-robin fashion.
The Problem:
• The custom field value doesn’t show any output in the audit logs, even though I can confirm that it is updating on the ticket itself.
•Additionally, the rule doesn’t assign tickets to User X as expected, even when the custom field value should be divisible by 7.
•The custom field % 7 = 0 isn’t evaluated as true for any multiples of 7, and the user assignment also doesn’t appear in the logs.
I’m unsure if there’s a timing issue or if I’m referencing the custom field incorrectly in the log and condition check. Any insights or other suggestions on how to get the desired outcome would be greatly appreciated!



