Hi all,
I am looking for tips on how to get an automation working where I need to query a Short Text field. For context, the field is used for our support team to enter the Client ID and I need to be able to filter out a client. The problem is, the short text field can sometimes contain that particular client exclusively, or it may be part of a list separated by a comma most times.
From what I am reading from the articles linked below, the comma is ignored from the search criteria.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-issues-using-the-text-field/
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-advanced-search-in-jira-cloud/#Restricted-words-and-characters
The purpose of the automation is to generate a subtask except if the Client ID is XYZ (for example).
Is there a way to get the search to recognize the comma or do we need a different approach altogether. We aren't able to change the field type to a drop-down due because that would be a big change in process overall for many teams from my understanding. Also, we are not using Scriptrunner.
TIA