Hi @Patrick Beacom! I don't have a good solution, as I am not used to dealing with external / non-Atlassian user accounts, but I do know why this happens:
Each of these issues are probably created by the initial email / responses to the initial email and lack the of a JSM identifier key makes it hard for the systems to link them together.
Hi @Patrick Beacom
Welcome to the Community !
There is an option in the Product settings for email -
The fact that you say 'sometimes' indicates that you have this setting set to 'Yes', and yet, on occassions new tickets are created.
The screen shot you have displayed shows the Summary saying SB 77, but the Key is IT-767?
The Key IT-767 needs to be in the summary, so that JSM can identify it as related.
Hope that helps.
Mark
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.