I have a macro app that will call Confluence REST API to update page content.
After the update, a page history is added with "Changed To" column set to "Hello World".
Where does it come from and how do I change it to align with the name of my macro app?
Hi @Min Wang
This is interesting on many levels. First, I'm intrigued by your page update API use.
Second, it's the 'Changed by' situation. See, I deployed an automation rule (on Premium tier) which assigns a page status to newly created page. The problem is that the Changed by in the page history (so called Actor) is always me. And I cannot assign it anyone else.
So it's interesting that your Actor is, by definition, Hello World. Which, to me, would be a preferable solution because it would clearly identify the page as new.
It seems that two design philosophies are at play here
Hi @Kristian Klima
By page update API use, do you mean implementation details or use cases?
I believe that when an automation is triggered, actor being default to the creator of the rule is by default and unchangeable on Confluence (unlike Jira) . reference
Maybe there could be a feature suggestion about this?
I'm more interested in the use case at this point (if you can share it). Thanks.
Yeah, that rule actor article was a huge disappointment, but again, based on you evidence, there must be a way to change it (unless I create a standalone entitiy with its own seat on Confluence, log in as such and create a rule).
I use it to delete unwanted macros on users' page when users perform certain actions on a page. And that's why confluence add a page history with macro app being the Actor. (But oddly the name of the Action doesn't align)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.