I use the anchor link feature frequently to allow for quickly navigating to different parts of long documents. In general on Confluence cloud the anchor link starts with # and is followed by the heading name I want to link to, but with spaces substituted for dashes (-). For example, to link to a "Message Reference" section, the anchor link would be #Message-reference
This works fine for the general case, but I'm finding that I can't create anchor links for headings that contain parentheses -- the heading text will be deleted on save. For example, for the heading "Configuration (First Phase)" the anchor link should be #Configuration-(First-Phase). Instead, when I save the document the link saves itself as simply #
The strange thing is that in the table of contents for the page, the generated link contains the correct anchor. However, any links that I create myself that have parentheses don't save properly. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?